Updated September 24
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- COVID-19 Impacted Event Policy - What You Need to Know Before You Go
- StubHub’s Policy on Venue Health and Safety Protocols
COVID-19 Impacted Event Policy - What You Need to Know Before You Go
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, your comfort and safety remain our top priority. We’re committed to guiding you towards the resources you need to answer questions about your event.
Are there rules to follow when attending an event?
- Buyers who attend events during the pandemic agree to comply with COVID-19 verification requirements and health and safety policies as the venue, team, or performer requires. This may include wearing a mask at all times, providing proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status, or submitting proof of a negative COVID-19 test within a certain window of time (e.g. 72 hours prior to the event).
- It is your responsibility to check with the venue, team, or performer website to understand all health and safety requirements before you go.
What are the consequences if I don’t comply with these health and safety policies?
StubHub users agree to StubHub’s policy on venue health and safety protocols. If you are denied entry or are dismissed from the event due to your failure to comply with the health and safety policies required by the venue, team, or performer, you will not be compensated for your order.
What is your event cancelation policy?
If an event is canceled, we’ll give you a StubHub credit for 120% of the amount you paid. The credit won’t expire until December 31, 2022, and you can use it for any live event on our site in the same currency.
Prefer a cash refund instead? No problem. Simply go to your StubHub Wallet and click the ‘Request cash refund’ button on the appropriate credit. We will process the refund to your original payment method within 30 days.
What is your rescheduled or postponed event policy?
If an event is rescheduled or postponed, your ticket will be good for the new date. If you can no longer attend the event, you can relist your tickets and we'll waive the sell fee.
How do I know if my event was impacted or where can I see the event status?
Log into your StubHub account and click ‘My Tickets’ to view your event status. Read more about event statuses.
StubHub users who attend events during the COVID-19 pandemic agree that they are responsible for complying with all venue, team, and performer policies including COVID-19 verification requirements and health and safety protocols (e.g. wearing a mask at all times, providing proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status, submitting proof of a negative COVID-19 test within a certain period of time, etc.).
These policies are subject to change, so please refer to the venue, team, or performer website for the latest requirements prior to your event. If you are denied entry or are dismissed from the event due to your failure to comply with these policies, you will not be compensated for your order.
By attending the event, you assume all risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Buyers of MLB tickets agree to the MLB Attendee Health and Safety Policies and all other terms and conditions applicable to ticket purchase and use.
Buyers of NFL tickets agree to the NFL’s supplemental health and safety terms and all team-specific terms available therein.
- If a team, venue, or event organizer invalidates a ticket to implement social distancing requirements, we’ll treat the order as canceled.
- For any canceled order:
- StubHub will cancel payment to the seller (or recover the payment if it has already been paid).
- The buyer will be provided a credit for 120% of the total amount originally paid or the option of a cash refund.
- Sellers won't face consequences under our dropped order policy, but we may ask them to send proof their tickets were canceled. See canceled event policy for details.
- For any canceled order:
- If a team, venue, or event organizer relocates seats due to social distancing measures and the new seat doesn't match what the buyer originally purchased, the buyer won't receive a credit or refund. The seller will be paid for the sale.
- If the primary doesn't invalidate the seller's tickets and they drop the order, the seller will face consequences under our dropped order policy.
Sellers must tell StubHub about any seat changes and disclose any relevant health and safety requirements associated with their listing when they differentiate from the overall venue policy. If you don't, we may cancel orders and charge you as provided in our User Agreement. Learn more about disclosing health and safety requirements on your listing.