Screenshots may not be a valid delivery method for your event. Check before trying to upload a screenshot to a listing or share a ticket screenshot with friends or family.
Step #1: Taking a screenshot with a mobile phone
- Use your phone to view your tickets from the primary ticket company
- Make sure the QR code, section, row, and seat numbers are fully visible on your screen before taking the screenshot
- Take a screenshot of each ticket you’re selling if you have more than one. How you take a screenshot depends on the type of iPhone you have:
- Press the hold (or on/off) button and home button at the same time. If you see a flash, the screenshot was taken and saved to your Photos
- Press the hold (or on/off) button and the volume up button at the same time
Step #2: Uploading your screenshot to StubHub
- Type stubhub.com in a mobile browser (not the StubHub app)
- Click 'Sell' and search for the event you're selling
- Select the event and tap 'Start listing'
- Choose your ticket quantity and if you have a parking pass. Continue filling out the info.
- Under 'What type of tickets are you listing?' select 'Mobile ticket'
- Select 'Ready to upload' then 'Upload tickets'
- Select all screenshots needed for the listing. Tap 'Done.'
After uploading your mobile screenshot tickets, finish listing to make your tickets available on StubHub.